The following advice is from Masorti Judaism UK
The spread of Coronavirus has been much in the news. Our primary concern is for the health and safety of the community.
We are monitoring the advice and guidance that is being offered by Public Health England. If members are concerned in any way about Coronavirus, we would direct you to Public Health England’s useful page here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public.
The NHS are advising that the best way to prevent the spread of Covid-19 is to:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
When coming to Shul you will notice hand gel and tissues distributed around the building at key locations.
If you have returned to the UK from any of the affected areas listed on Public Health England’s website, please self-isolate according to their recommendations. If you are feeling at all unwell with any flu-like symptoms please refrain from coming to Shul or community events. You should use the 111 online coronavirus service or call 111 and follow their advice.
Should the situation in the UK change, we will update you with details of any further precautions we are taking.
If you wish to discuss the situation please do not hesitate to contact members of the executive.